What parent on Planet Earth doesn’t think their new baby is the best baby on Planet Earth? If you’re the parent of the best baby on Planet Earth, your baby more than deserves the best baby mattress. I know it seems like an added decision to your already full plate of new parenting decisions.
A good night’s sleep for a newborn baby is like The Avengers fighting Thanos. It is what they do to make themselves happy! But, picking out the best baby mattress is even more important for your baby. A good night’s sleep is what will make your newborn one day become a healthy adult.
Top 10 Best Baby Mattresses
Your baby can sleep on its hard side during their infant years. When those toddler years roll around, flip the Newton over to its soft side and get more use from this mattress.
To reduce the risk of suffocation and carbon dioxide re-breathing, this Newton was designed with Breathe-Thru Technology. It was built without any glue, metal springs, adhesives or polyurethane foam. It is built with a patented Wovenaire core and covered with a 3-dimensional spacer material. These features allow air to pass right the Newton. This Newton mattress guarantees your baby will sleep safely.
- Washable at home
- Temperature regulated to prevent your baby from over heating while sleeping
- Made from 100% recyclable materials
- Greenguard gold certified
- Contains no springs, glue, foam or latex
- Strong chemical smell when shipping package first opened
This mattress is also built for your child’s infant-to-toddler use. The Moonlight has been proudly made in the USA since 2002 using their “Inner Woven Nest Core Technology.” This technology uses high end foam and is constructed with bed bug & dust mite resistant “Safe Sewn Seams.” The tech insures your mattress does not make your baby sweat at night to insure a good night’s sleep.
This mattress also has a woven fire barrier under the fabric cover for added protection of your child. To prove this mattress is one of the best baby mattresses around, the Moonlight’s Green Guard Gold and CertiPUR certified.
- Mattress is 5-inches thick
- Waterproof & easy to clean
- Odor resistant
- Woven nest technology to insure air flow in mattress
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects
- Made from 100% hypoallergenic materials
- Made with inner woven nest core technology to prevent sweating
- Hard to tell which side is infant or toddler side of mattress
It is constructed with 231 pocketed coil springs and “Innofoam” to insure maximum support for your child. This extra construction insures this mattress will easily make the transition from your child’s infant-to-toddler years. Simply flip the Beautyrest over from its hard side to its soft side.
The Beautyrest’s natural cotton fire protection wrap is non-toxic. This mattress also meets or exceeds all federal flammability standards and is waterproof.
- Reinforced, luxury pocketed 231-coil springs that provide extra support
- Made with 100% natural cotton fire protection wrap
- Made with medical grade waterproof barrier
- Greenguard gold & certeipur-us certified
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Chemical smell (when shipping package first opened) may linger longer than expected
This NapYou could be the best baby mattress for you in the infant-to-toddler market. Even your perfect baby can sometimes have an accident on his mattress. Fortunately, the NapYou has a 100% organic cotton.
The NapYou has a removable waterproof cover which makes cleaning any mess easier. The NapYou’s CertiPur-US Foam constructing is another great feature. This mattress will give your child plenty of body support and many restful nights.
- Waterproof removable cover
- Organic, removable cotton blend cover
- 100% certeipur-us foam
- Washable in any washer or dryer
- Dual comfort sides for infants & toddler
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Chemical smell may last for a week
- Hard to distinguish infant side & toddler side of mattress
Here is a great deal in the infant-to-toddler market from Dourxi. The infant side of this mattress is made from a firmer plant oil-based Eco-Foam. The toddler side is made from a plush Eco-Foam. There is also a rayon cloth Fire Barrier sandwiched in middle between Eco-Foam sections. Eco-Foam cradles your baby’s delicate bone structure with the right amount of support.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, babies needs plenty of sleep in their first two years of life. Babies need this extra sleep for their growth and their development. Dourxi will give your baby the best mattress experience ever. Plus, this mattress will provide plenty sleep for your baby and you.
- 100% certeipur-us certified
- 10-year warranty
- 100% washable, removable cover
- Dual firmness construction to support infant’s spine
- Made with 100% organic cotton
- Designed to create maximum air flow to regulate infant’s sleep temperature
- May be 100% polyester & not 100% organic cotton
The Milliard is made with an outer soft memory form and a firmer interior foam. The outer soft memory foam and interior firm foam are very important for the physical development of your child. The Milliard’s mattress gives your newborn’s back and neck proper support. This mattress is topped off by a non-toxic, woven natural fire barrier. It also has a leak-free waterproof lining and a washable cotton cover.
These covers are also breathable as well as washable. This Milliard mattress meets or exceed all U.S. Safety certifications and regulations.
- Mattress ships with the soft infant side up to protect it from damage
- Certeipur-us certified polyurethane foam
- Cotton cover
- Meets or exceeds all us safety certifications & regulations
- May not fit all cribs
- May not be able to tell infant side from toddler side
- Waterproof cover may shrink after washing
This version of Milliard’s mattress has many of the same features as higher priced, infant-to-toddler mattresses. It comes with an ultra-soft bamboo cover which is machine washable and waterproof. With Milliard’s signature waterproof lining, there are no leaks. In case of “a baby bodily emergency,” just put the lining into the washer. After a quick wash and dry, the Milliard’s waterproof lining is ready to work again.
This mattress is designed to regulate your child’s sleep temperature. This Milliard provides safety to your baby by providing maximum air flow to their little body. To meet all fire safety standards, a natural fiberglass lining is encased in this mattress.
This mattress was built without chemicals. The Milliard’s safe non-toxic materials meet or exceed all industry standards.
- 100% washable waterproof cover
- Luxe memory foam top layer
- Durable foam base construction
- 100% certeipur-us certified polyurethane foam
- 100% allergen, mold, bacteria & dust mite resistant
- Foam may be too soft & increase risks of sudden infant death syndrome (sids)
- Mattress may not be waterproof
- Bamboo covering may bunch up badly on your bed sheets
- Mattress cover may not hold up after washing
This extra firm, high-density foam mattress was invented to give support to your baby’s growing bones. This mattress gives your newborn a safe night of sleeping. Plus, Mom and Dad sleep safely too when they know their baby is OK.
To prevent mold and bacteria, this mattress cover is waterproof and machine washable.
My First Crib guarantees their mattress has been independently tested for environmental safety and tested for physical stamina.
- Removable waterproof cover
- Extra firm high-density foam for extra support
- Premium certeipur-us certified flexiable polyurethane foam
- Mite proof, anti-microbial & lead free hypoallergenic mattress
- Vacuum packed & shipped.
- Allow 24 to 72 hours for mattress to regain shape.
- Small for some standard sized cribs
- Delivered stained due to damaged packing
- Too firm for some infants
Established in 1946, Kolcraft is a family-owned business that knows what it takes to build baby mattress.
Your baby will have a firm sleep with a firm foundation of 150 coils supporting them into dream land. This infant-to-toddler mattress is build to handle newborns to five year-olds, or newborns to toddlers who weigh up to 60-pounds.
Their waterproof cover is locked stitched to resists mold, mildew & moisture. This Kolcraft mattress can easily be cleaned with a cloth.
Kolcraft offers a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Embossed reinforced waterproof & breathable cover
- Mattress made from phthalate
- Mattress is flammability compliant, contains no toxic fire retardants
- Greenguard gold certified
- May have problems with springs popping through mattress
- Better for toddler than infant
- Make noise when child moves in bed
- Mattress may have sags and dents after a few months use
Do you have to spend a lot of money to buy baby mattress? The people at Delta Children say “NO!”
Their version of baby mattress is designed for infants and toddlers. Built with a firm thermo-bonded polyester fiber core, this mattress is GreenGuard Gold Certified. This mattress’ durable vinyl waterproof cover keeps out moisture and stains.
- Reversible: firm side for infants. Soft side for toddlers.
- 100% greenguard gold certified
- Does not contain toxic fire retardants
- Meets or exceeds flammability testing, lead testing, phthalate testing, cpsia testing
- May be too soft & wear out quickly
- Mattress may have stranger odor
- Mattress may be very noisy
- Vinyl mattress cover may not fit well
Are Foam Crib Mattresses Safe?
According to the National Institute of Child Health & Human Development, using a hard mattress instead of a soft mattress is a key factor to prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Are Memory Foam Mattresses Safe For Infants?
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) concluded sleeping on a firm surface is key to reducing Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Yearly, 3500 infants die in the United States due to SIDS and other sleep-related deaths.
Is It OK For Babies To Sleep On Soft Mattresses?
According to the March of Dimes, babies should not sleep on soft mattresses, waterbeds, sofas or cushions.
Can Babies Sleep On Memory Foam?
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) concluded memory foam mattresses are not good for infants. Memory foam mattresses can form a pocket or indentation that can lead to suffocation if your child rolls face first into it.
How Do I Know If My Baby Is Cold At Night?
Babies are especially vulnerable to this process of losing body heat rapidly. Unlike adults, babies don’t have the mental skills or awareness to self regulate their body heat like adults. The best way to measure your child’s body temperature is to feel your baby’s torso. If your baby’s torso is warm to the touch, your child is just fine.
While your baby is developing, there is a lot of activity going on in their belly area around their core. Blood is diverted to that area for their growth. A baby’s behavior is also a good sign if your child is cold. If your baby is acting like his or her normal self, they are just fine.
Always monitor your babies’ behavior for clues. If they are eating, sleeping or crying, they are fine. Keep in mind that babies need 1 additional layer of clothing than grown ups to remain comfortable.
The most important responsibility you will ever have in your life is being a parent. An amazing part of that responsibility is making sure your child get a good night’s sleep. It is amazing how picking out the best baby mattress for your child is. When you are a new parent, you are going on an uncharted journey with a new human being. Unfortunately, there will be no owner’s manual that will come with your child. Each individual human being comes to this world with their own particular spirit.
Through the future years, you will learn more about your yet-to-be born child. You won’t figure out their unique personality before they get here, but you can plan for their safety now.
Human beings can live for days without water, but go crazy if they don’t sleep for two days. If your newborn does not get a good nights sleep, Mom and Dad are really the ones who will suffer. Your baby can afford to stay up all night.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is a danger for all newborns. SIDS (also known as “Crib Death”) hits infants of less than one years old for some unexplained reason. Choosing the best baby mattress for your child may not prevent that risk. But, buying the best baby mattress for your child is worth more than all the riches in the world.