Blow-up mattresses, also known as air mattresses or airbeds have become a must-have in almost every home today because of its high versatility and convenience. You can use it during outdoor activities such as hiking or camping, you can use it as a temporary bed for unexpected guests, or you can even use it as a permanent bed for your home. They are usually made of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). However, there are also some blow-up mattresses that are made from rubber or textile-reinforced urethane plastic.
Why are they advantageous when compared to the normal beds available today? Firstly, blow-up mattresses can be compressed into a small package and can be safely stored away until it is needed. This makes it an ideal solution to provide temporary bedding for guests or other family members. It’s high durability and strength also make it perfect for outdoor use such as camping, adventure, and much more. Additionally, blow-up mattresses are available at very low costs making them a popular choice for most households.
How to Choose the Best Blow-up Mattresses?
Choosing the right product in best blow up mattress can become a difficult task due to the high number of options available. Are you considering to buy a mattress for yourself? This comprehensive review of the best mattress brands can help you make a well-informed decision when it comes to buying a blow-up mattress.
What to look for in a blow-up mattress? Keeping these few things in mind can ensure that you get a high-quality product that gives you a durable lifetime.
What are you looking to get out of the mattress? Is it going to be stored away most of the time and used only as a temporary bedding solution for a guest? Are you going to use it for outdoor purposes such as camping, or recreation?
Though most mattresses are made of PVC, there are also some other variants available such as rubber or textile-reinforced urethane plastic. Ensure that the material is thick and strong so that it can withstand everyday wear and tear without having to compromise on comfort or quality.
How comfortable and firm is the mattress? Is it giving you enough support for your back? Is it adjustable? Keeping these factors in mind can ensure that you don’t sacrifice comfort when picking a mattress.
For some air mattresses, you need to manually blow into the valve to inflate it. Others come with a foot pedal that can pump the mattress. However, the most convenient option is mattresses that come with a motorized pump that can inflate or deflate your mattress in minutes. Choose an option that is most convenient as per your needs and requirements.
Cost and Budget
How much are you looking to spend on the mattress? Airbeds are quite affordable and come in a variety of options as per your requirement.
Taking some time out to understand these factors can ensure that you choose the best brand in airbeds.
Top 10 Best Blow Up Mattresses
Brought to you by SoundAsleep, this air mattress is one of the highest-rated and most popular product in its segment due to the advanced technology and comfort that it offers. The mattress has a unique comfort coil technology that utilizes almost 40 air coils to maintain stability and firmness throughout the surface. It also comes with Suregrip technology. This means that you don’t have to worry about the mattress slipping or sliding about during use. Additionally, it has an inbuilt pump that can deflate or inflate your mattress in minutes with a single touch.
- Inflated product dimension is 78*58*19 inches and has an item weight of 18.96 pounds.
- 1 Year of Warranty on the product- This comes as a standard for all the SoundAsleep mattresses. The customer-friendly support team is ready to assist you with any problems that you may face during usage.
- Patented EZ pump- This helps you to inflate or deflate your mattress with a single click in as little as 4 minutes.
- Multi-layer 15 gauge puncture-resistant material ensures that your mattress has a long and durable lifetime. Additionally, the top layer is extra thick and waterproof.
- Unique double height design and comfort coil technology that gives you the feel and comfort of a traditional mattress.
- Top selling product in the market. You don’t have to worry about poor after-sales support or service.
- Comes with a carry bag that you can use for convenient storage or transport.
- Price is on the higher side when compared to the competition.
- Takes 4 minutes to completely inflate which is quite slow when compared to its rivals.
If you are looking for a comfortable blow-up mattress, then this is one of the best options available in the market. It has a unique design with a fully flocked top and side layers contributing to maximum comfort and convenience. The best feature of this mattress is the high-powered inbuilt pump that can inflate or deflate the bed completely in under 2 minutes. This makes it twice as fast when compared to any other average air mattresses. The mattress also offers high durability due to the state-of-the-art air-filled coils and extra thick PVC material. The unique coil-beam technology gives maximum support for your spinal cord and ensures that you maintain good posture when using the bed. Additionally, it is endorsed by the International Chiropractor’s Association. Coming from one of the top mattress brands, this is definitely a must-have if you are looking for a comfortable and durable airbed.
- Inflated product dimension is 80*60*20 inches and weighs 17 pounds.
- Fully flocked top and side layers along with built-in pillow offering maximum comfort.
- 1-year guarantee on the product.
- 120 AC pump inflates or deflates the bed in just 2 minutes, twice as fast as the competition. The durable material also ensures that your bed does not sink in fast giving you uninterrupted sleep or rest.
- On buying the mattress, you also get additional repair kits which you can use if you accidentally puncture or tear the mattress.
- Extra thick comfortable quilt layered top with spinal support ensures that you get a good nights sleep.
- Fully inflates in just 2 minutes.
- Though the mattress is from a reputed brand, only 1 year of guarantee.
- Price is relatively high.
What do you normally look for in an air mattress? Durable life? Comfortable layers? Good after-sales service? Well, this double high elevated airbed from Olarhike checks all the boxes when it comes to an efficient air mattress. It has a unique high-quality welding seam along with thick fabric contributes to a completely air-tight atmosphere which ensures that your bed doesn’t leak air or sink in for up to 48 hours. That’s not all. The airbed comes with a 2-year return and refund warranty and has a lifetime after-sales support. If you feel that your air mattress is not up to the mark in quality or is leaking air, you can get a free replacement from the manufacturer without even having to return the original product. When it comes to best blow-up mattress double, this is undoubtedly one of the top contenders.
- Inflated product dimension is 80*60*18 inches and weighs 18.45 pounds. It has a load-bearing capacity of up to 600 pounds.
- 2 years of refund and return warranty along with a lifetime after-sales support.
- Built-in pump that inflates and deflates the bed in just a matter of minutes. Also includes an additional external valve that you can use when hiking or camping.
- Made of a puncture-resistant and waterproof vinyl material that offers long durability.
- The product includes extra repair patches when you accidentally tear or puncture the airbed.
- The flocked top and fabric surface makes it very comfortable to sleep on and provides optimal support and firmness for your body.
- It is quite affordable and pocket-friendly.
- Needs to be topped off with air frequently to ensure the firmness of the airbed.
This twin airbed from EZ inflate is one of the top-selling products as it is highly affordable and cost-effective. Even though the product is cost-effective in nature, it doesn’t compromise on quality or comfort. It even comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the product. The powerful inbuilt motor inflates the mattress in just 90 seconds making it one of the fastest in its segment. The unique design and structure is spacious in nature and is customizable for different sleep styles. As it comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty, you don’t have to worry about poor after-sales support or service.
- Inflated bed dimension is 76*38*16 inches and weighs in at just 12.7 pounds making it one of the lightest options available while still being spacious and comfortable.
- 2 years of manufacturer warranty.
- Made of a puncture-resistant and waterproof PVC material that can take loads of up to 300 pounds.
- The soft flocked top can even be used without any fabric for a comfortable nights sleep.
- You can adjust the air level within the mattress according to different sleep styles. Paired with the unique coil beam technology, this makes it one of the most comfortable airbeds in the market.
- The airbed offers maximized sleeping space and a very stable grip. This means that you don’t have to worry about the mattress slipping or wobbling when getting on or off it.
- Inflates in just 90 seconds.
- It can take a load of only 300 pounds. Though it is ideal for 2 adults, it may not be suitable for small families or outdoor use.
Coming from a well-reputed and trustworthy brand in air mattress technology, the Etekcity queen twin airbed is one of the best-in-class in its segment. The unique wave beam inner support structure is very durable and strong when compared to the traditional air-coil support structures in air beds. It has 20% thicker PVC material which makes it puncture resistant and waterproof. The materials used are non-toxic and safe for use by the whole family. It also features a multi-layered flocked top contributing to maximum comfort and durability. What sets it apart from the other options in the market? You get all the latest features and technology at a very affordable price along with 2 years of warranty.
- The inflated bed has a dimension of 75*39*9 inches and weighs 11.4 pounds.
- It has a rechargeable pump with a 2 in 1 multi-use valve. You can use the inner side of the valve to inflate the pump and the outer side to pump air in small increments to get the optimal firmness.
- 15 gauge puncture-resistant PVC material for maximum durability and strength.
- Unique fourth generation wave beam technology gives it a significant edge over the other air mattresses in the market.
- It can support a load of up to 450 pounds making it ideal for small families.
- Comes with an easy-to-store carry bag for easy storage and portability. Lightweight nature also makes it ideal for outdoor use.
- Has a low height of 9 inches.
This versatile airbed from Airexpect is an ideal solution for families or individuals who are looking for a sturdy air mattress. The extra thick non-toxic PVC material ensures that there are no leaks in the airbed and gives you a comfortable night’s sleep. The wireless rechargeable pump that comes along with the mattress can inflate your bed in as less as 90 seconds making it a highly convenient and useful solution. Additionally, the extra soft flocked top layer ensures that your sleep is comfortable. On choosing the Airexpect airbed, you don’t have to worry about any poor after-sales support or service. The company offers 2 years of comprehensive warranty and a 30-day money no-reason money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product.
- Product dimension is 39*80*9 inches and is extremely lightweight weighing in at just over 9 pounds.
- Comes with a rechargeable pump along with a multi-use 3 in 1 nozzle.
- 2 years of warranty along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Duracoil technology with 32 internal air coils ensures that you get optimal support that promotes good posture.
- Puncture-resistant PVC material along with an anti-slip secure grip base ensures stable and firm support.
- A highly ergonomic mattress that provides optimal support for your body.
- Highly versatile and durable making it suitable for use at home or for outdoor needs.
- Has a high load capacity of up to 600 pounds making it ideal for all needs.
- Rival products are available at similar prices which offer more height and stability to the mattress.
If you’re not looking to spend much on an air mattress but still want maximum comfort and quality, then this option from EnerPlex is the right choice for you. This affordable product checks all the boxes when it comes to a good airbed. It offers 2 years of the manufacturer warranty, has highly durable leakproof PVC material, powerful pump that inflates the bed in just 90 seconds, and much more. Being highly durable, it is suitable for use in all environments and conditions.
- The fully inflated product measures 80*60*9 inches and has an item weight of 19.05 pounds.
- It comes with 2 years of warranty which means that you don’t have to worry about after-sales support and service.
- Welded seams, high-quality material, and an airtight valve ensure that there is no leakage and that your bed stays inflated for a longer time.
- Wireless 120 AC pump with three universal nozzles that can inflate your bed in just 90 seconds.
- Easy to store bag for maximum portability and convenience.
- Raised design with coil beam support for a good night’s rest.
- The highly durable mattress is suitable for all needs whether indoors or outdoors.
- It weighs almost 20 pounds making it one of the heaviest in its segment. May not be ideal to carry around for camping or hiking. There are airbeds available that are half its weight which are more portable and convenient.
Ergonomy in a mattress is one of the key features that can either make or break comfort. Poor ergonomically designed mattresses, when used in the long run, can lead to bad posture, back pain, and many other problems. The Active Era air mattress is fitted with 35 structured air coils and built-in pillows contributing to maximum support and sensible ergonomics. The mattress is easy to set up and is guaranteed to give you a good nights sleep.
- Product dimension when inflated measures 80*60*19 inches and weigh 16.3 pounds.
- An integrated pillow and ergonomic design ensure maximum support and stability for a comfortable sleep.
- The airbed is made of a 15 gauge puncture-resistant material which is highly durable and versatile.
- Built-in pump that can fully inflate the mattress in just a few minutes.
- Contains repair patches in case of accidental tear or punctures.
- Can be easily stored in a carry bag and tucked away neatly.
- 35 structured air coils that contribute to maximum ergonomy ensures that you get a good night’s rest.
- 24*7 customer support available.
- Does not have the best air retention technology. Needs to be frequently topped off with air to ensure that the air bed is firm and stable.
A good airbed is always tested in comparison with a traditional mattress. This Etekcity double raised airbed holds its own with any comparison making it one of the most highly-rated products in the market. Designed with a fourth-generation wave-beam technology, it offers a significant edge over traditional mattresses with coil-beam support structures. Supported by a unique Sure-grip bottom that prevents slipping, sliding or wobbling, the air mattress reaches a height of 22 inches when fully inflated. This makes it very sturdy and perfect for everyday use.
- Very spacious sleeping space as it has dimensions measuring 80*60*22 inches. It weighs in at just a little under 14 pounds making it very lightweight and easily portable.
- 15-gauge puncture-resistant multi-layered material with a waterproof flocked top keeps the mattress from leaking air and protects it from damages.
- Unique wave beam technology for maximum support and ergonomics.
- Double raised mattress height of 22 inches giving you the feel and look of a traditional mattress. You can use it with or without fabric.
- Inbuilt pump that inflates your bed with just the click of a switch. Also has 2 in 1 valve that supports additional external pumps for faster inflation.
- The mattress has a good height and raised borders that prevent you from rolling off the bed at night.
- The wave beam technology has significant advantages of other coil mattresses. They are more comfortable and retain shape and air for a longer time.
- The high load capacity of 600 pounds. Ideal for all situations and needs.
- The mattress uses third generation coil technology for inner support. At a similar price range, there are airbeds available with wave beam 4th generation technology.
Saving the best for the last? You be the judge. This airbed from Englander is one of the first-ever airbeds that features a full microfiber exterior. Does this help? Yes, apart from being more comfortable, soft and thermoregulating, the air mattress is also 20% more puncture-resistant and has 30% more tensile strength. Additionally, it offers 5-years warranty on defects making it unrivaled in customer support and durability.
- 76*42*20 inches dimension makes it wider than most of the competition. Weighing in at a little under 15 pounds, it is quite lightweight and easily portable.
- The microfiber-flocked material makes it more durable and resistant to punctures when compared to traditional PVC airbeds.
- Microfiber shell which is soft and durable. You don’t have to worry about sinking beds in the middle of the night.
- High-output built-in pump that can inflate or deflate in just a few minutes.
- 5 years of manufacturer warranty against defects, which is the highest offered in the industry.
- Reinforced coil beams and welded seams for superior comfort and support.
- One of the first and only microfiber airbed. Very comfortable and convenient for regular use.
- The company offers almost 5 years of manufacturer warranty against defects. You don’t have to worry about any problems with after-sales support.
- More durable and versatile than its competitors making it ideal for use in all situations.
- Quite expensive when compared to the competition.
Frequently asked Questions
Can I use air mattresses for everyday use?
Air mattresses are generally used as a temporary bedding solution or for outdoor activities. However, if you are planning to use it regularly, make sure that you use the valve to top off the air every alternate day to prevent the bed from losing shape or firmness.
Do I need to use fabric with the air beds?
Blow up mattresses today come with soft flocked material which can be used with or without any fabric.
How do I clean the mattress?
Just use a damp cloth to wipe down the surface or sides of the air mattress.
There is a huge number of products available today when you are looking for the top mattress brands. However, each product is unique and has its own advantages and benefits. Comparing the available solutions and understanding your requirements beforehand can help narrow down a tailored solution that works best for you.